A passionate, unstoppable catalyst for transformation, igniting unimaginable possibilities, yielding extraordinary results now!
Family • Integrity • Authenticity • Accountability • Sustainability • Fun
Nicole Welch, MSOD, PHR, ACC, CUG
Nicole Welch is accomplished human resources professional with over fifteen years of experience in recruitment, onboarding, organization change management, coaching, project leadership, strategic and operational planning, need assessment, resource identification, process and change facilitation. She is known for her enthusiastic and engaging training style. As an articulate communicator and attentive, active listener, who possess excellent verbal, collaborative and facilitation skills, she has an excellent record of conducting successful training events with sustainable business results. Nicole is a detailed-oriented achiever with strong business background and experience in the trenches of business operations.
In over a decade of consulting, Ms. Welch has designed and developed leadership training, facilitated strategic and collaborative planning efforts and coached leaders. Ms. Welch has served as a Director of Talent and Development for a Telecommunication company of over 600 staff members in eight different states and has over twelve years experience in the high-tech industry. As the Director, Ms. Welch led the organizational efforts that resulted in several acquisitions for a rapidly growing publicly held company, which gave her significant experience in change management within a ever evolving industry.
Ms. Welch has a B.S. in Organizational Behavior and her M.S. in Organization Development. She has earned the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification from Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) and is in the process of obtaining the Professional Certified Coach certification from the International Coach Federation (ICF). Ms. Welch is a Coach U Certified Graduate (CUG) and is currently attending Coach U Advanced Coaching Certification Program. She has served in a leadership capacity for the Stockton Chapter of SHRM and has served in various roles on the Board, including President in 2000 – 2006 and California State Council for SHRM from 2001 – 2006. Ms. Welch is a certified in Lominger’s Leadership Architect® 101 and Voices® 360 assessment. She is certified as a facilitator, trainer, and in Six-Sigma. Ms. Welch is also qualified through in-depth training and experience in DiSC Dimensions of Behavior, change management, leadership development, leadership coaching, and performance consulting.
As a consultant, Ms. Welch has performed a variety of complex business analyses and functions in support of business units to align and achieve organization strategy. She partnered with leaders to design strategies to address conflicting priorities, ensuring that conflicts identified would be followed up with teams, resulting in sharper focus on priorities, increased team-member satisfaction, employee engagement, and goal attainment.
- More than 15 years experience as a credible human resources professional, coach, facilitator, trainer, and organizational development consultant. Manage all aspects of the human resources functions in a publicly traded high-tech company including recruitment, workforce development, organizational structure and re-design, performance management, employee relations, training and organization development for a staff of 600 employees and personnel budget of $25 million.
- Design and deliver training programs to over 2,000 leaders in state government and private industry in leadership, communications, change management, strategic implementation, conflict management and other related topics including: California Department of Public Health (4 years), Department of Health Care Services (3 years), California Employment Development Department (2 years), and California Office of Statewide Health Planning & Development (2 year), Department of Rehabilitation (1 year).
- Facilitation style that creates a space for fun, interaction, and trust. In partnership with participants, builds a learning environment that promotes engagement, deep learning, and meaning.
- Coached executives through front-line managers to be effective change leaders in both private industry and state government (California Department of Public Health, Department of Health Care Services, California Employment Development Department, California Office of Statewide Health Planning & Development, Department of Rehabilitation, and State Water Resources Control Board).
- Played a key role in CPM for the following systems: Oracle (HRIS), Agilence Hawkeye POS video auditing, Microsoft’s Micro Strategy, and Success Factors Performance Management.
- Led several key culture building initiatives that have resulted in the adoption of foundational core values, improved the efficiency and effectiveness of internal communication and ultimately a values-driven, high-performing organizations.
- Managed and led a company wide team building / internal customer service initiative resulting in increased teamwork and customer service ratings
- Developed several key customer experience programs to ensure compliance while enhancing customer service.
Created and implemented a corporate people strategy, including talent review, leadership development, change management, development and delivery of programs to enhance people capabilities, team work and organizational design.
- Implemented a 360 degree feedback program designed to improve leadership capabilities, improved individual performance, team relationships and customer experience resulting in improved organizational performance.
Faculty member for a American River College and Sacramento State University, College of Continuing Education in excellent standing.